The rent agreement is an important legal document that creates a relationship between landlord and tenant. The tenancy agreement is a requirement under Punjab Rented Premises act 2009 or Islamabad rent restriction Act 2014.
Both laws obliges the landlord and tenant to register their rent agreement before rent registrar of concerned area. If the rent agreement is registered only then they can file suit in rent tribunal in case dispute arise.
If the rent agreement is not registered then both tenant and landlord has to play fine then they are eligible to file rent eviction suit.
If you don’t know how to draft a rent agreement then we have provided here a format of rent agreement.
Sample Paper of Tenancy Agreement
Below we have provided a reliable draft of the rent agreement. You can use this format of rent agreement (Tenancy agreement) after making necessary changes.
This Tenancy agreement is made at Rawalpindi on this _______ day of______.
____ son of _________, Adult, holding CNIC ______resident of House No. ________, Rawalpindi hereinafter called the first part and as Landlord.
_______ son of , adult, holding CNIC _______resident of House No. ______________________, Rawalpindi hereinafter called the second part and as Tenant.
AND WHEREAS the first party is the absolute owner of a House No. __________, Rawalpindi and has agreed to rent the said property/house on the term and condition mentioned below.
Terms and Conditions of Rent Agreement
- That the tenant has agreed to pay Rs.______/- only as monthly rent in advance on the 10th of each month.
- That a tenant / second party has paid a sum of Rs.__/- to the landlord/ First Party as fixed deposit security previously which will be returned after the expiry of the agreement and after deducting if any.
- That the fixed deposit will be refunded by the landlord / First Party to the tenant / Second Party at the time of vacant / termination of the house / Rented Premises and Rented premises will be handed over to the First Party / Landlord in sound condition to the first party.
- That the period of a tenancy will be for 1 year which has been started from _____ and will be ended on ____. After this period the fresh agreement can be made /renewed with the consent of both parties.
- That the second party/tenant shall not demolish/alter or damage the said premises or remove any installation during the period of the tenancy without the prior consent of the first party in writing or as the case may be.
- That second party / Tenant permits the first party / Landlord or his agent to inspect the said rented premises at any reasonable time prior arrangement.
- That the second party / Tenant shall not sub-let the said house to any person(s) / society/institution on any terms whatsoever it may be.
- That at any time in case either or the party desirous to terminate/vacate the tenancy such party shall give eviction notice prior to Two months in writing to the other party and that shall be final binding on both parties.
- That the second party/tenant shall keep and maintain the said house / rented premises in good condition and he shall look after the said house/ rented premises with reasonable care and shall be exclusively responsible for the repair occasioned by use of the house.
- That the said rented house will be used only for residential purposes and will not be used for commercial use and the second party will not store any kind of blast and thud materials in the rented house at any cost.
- That the electricity bill and SuiGas bill be paid by the second party directly to the concerned department if in case of any failure of arrears remain to continue during the tenancy tenure the said bill amount shall be adjusted from the security deposit.
IN WITNESSES WHEREOF the parties above named have set and subscribed their respective hands at Karachi on the day month and year first above mentioned.
CNIC NO. ______
Assalam u Alikum,
I appriciated you to provide useful information.
What agreement we have to make for rent extension of 10% with the old tenant?
I needed a rental agreement for adress verification purpose.
rent agreement is provided on this site.