NADRA is the sole authority in Pakistan which provides various services and certificates. Two certificates are most popular e.g. birth registration certificate and marriage registration certificate. The NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate (MRC) in Pakistan is very important and strong document. It is a concrete legal proof of marriage (Nikah) record between two persons (husband and wife) in Pakistan. Basically, there are two types of marriage certificates in Pakistan e.g Urdu Nikkah Nama and English Marriage Certificate. The latter Marriage Certificate issued by NADRA is fully computerized and more authentic document which can be used in all legal forums.
Urdu Nikkah Nama AKA Manual Marriage Certificate
The moment when marriage is solemnized the nikkah khawan (also known as molvi) enters all the particulars of bride and groom along with two witnesses on nikahnma. This nikahnama consists on 3 copies, one is given to the married couple. Remaining copies are kept as a record of NADRA and Union council.
For the purpose of information the sample of nikahnama is given below. Getting nikah nama is mandatory for every marrying person under Muslim family law ordinance 1961.
NADRA marriage certificate
After getting Urdu nikah nama from nikah khawan. It is used to get NADRA marriage registration certificate which is computerized document and contains full information about married people. But don’t assume that NADRA issues marriage certificate directly instead it has developed a special system for this purpose.
Sample of NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate
This sample is for only review. All information has been deleted for privacy reasons.
Marriage Certificate Issuing Authorities
Following are the authorities in Pakistan which issues this certificate, depending upon the address and area where you live.
- Union Council
- TMA Office
- Cantonment Board Office
- Arbitration Council in Islamabad
Who Can Apply For Marriage Registration Certificate
Any sane, adult married person in Pakistan can apply for Marriage Certificate from NADRA Pakistan. But the applicant must have Urdu Nikkah Nama prior to the registration in NADRA. It is also a common practice that people with old marriages do not apply for NADRA marriage registration certificate. But rest assure they can also obtain NADRA Marriage Certificate if they still have official stamped copy of their Nikkah Nama.
What NADRA Marriage Certificate Proves?
The computerized Nikahnama is a cogent, coherent and concrete evidence that confirms the solemnization of marriage between two persons. It has worldwide acceptance because Govt. of Pakistan has sanctioned that document.
Requirements To Obtain NADRA marriage Registration certificate:
Fulfill all the requirements before applying visiting NADRA offices. These requirement includes:
- Copy of CNIC from groom
- Copy of CNIC from bride
- Copy of CNIC from father & mother of bride
- Copy of CNIC from father & mother of groom
- Copy of CNIC from Molvi (Nikkah Khawan)
- Copy of Official Manual Marriage Certificate (Nikkah Nama)
Procedure to Get NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate In Pakistan:
- In order to get NADRA marriage certificate first, arrange all required documents. Then visit the relevant issuing authorities mentioned in the list above depending upon your current residence address. In all major cities local union councils are fully competent and authorized to issue NADRA marriage registration certificates. While in cantonment areas it can be issued from cantonment board offices. The TMA in many small cities also issues marriage certificate. The residents of Islamabad can obtain their NADRA marriage certificates from Arbitration Council office. Which is established under Muslim family law ordinance 1961.
- Once you visit Concerned issuing office. They will give you an application form to fill before they issue NADRA marriage certificate. This application form can be obtained from same issuing office. Click here to check marriage registration certificate application form to know it’s contents.
- Submit documents along-with filled application form and official fee in the considered issuing office.
- When you get certificate read all contents of your NADRA marriage certificate to check if they are accurate. Re-check your particulars on marriage certificate and match them with your official documents. You can ask for correction if there is any typo mistake by the issuing office.
How long will it take from application completion to delivery?
After fulfilling whole procedure NADRA marriage registration certificate can be issued in approx. 5-10 working days depending upon the work load and other factors in relevant issuing office.
NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Fee:
NADRA didn’t specifically explained the fee of marriage certificate. But concerned issuing departments can better quote their official fee to process NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate because this fee can vary in different cities.
NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Online Tracking / Verification Online:
Unfortunately, currently online verification or tracking of NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Pakistan is not available for general public. You can inquire only by contacting or visiting the same concerned issuing office.
Where NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Can Be Used?
NADRA certificate can be used in different process.
- In foreign countries it is used to prove marriage contract
- For immigration purpose
- To get family Visa
- In Divorce matters
- In Dissolution of marriage
- In all legal matters