NADRA is the sole authority in Pakistan which provides various services and certificates. Two certificates are the most popular e.g. birth registration certificate and marriage registration certificate. The NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate (MRC) in Pakistan is a very important and strong document.
It is concrete legal proof of marriage (Nikah) record between two persons (husband and wife) in Pakistan. Basically, there are two types of marriage certificates in Pakistan e.g Urdu Nikkah Nama and English Marriage Certificate.
The latter Marriage Certificate issued by NADRA is a fully computerized and more authentic document that can be used in all legal forums. You can also get legal help from our experts.
Urdu Nikkah Nama AKA Manual Marriage Certificate
The moment when marriage is solemnized the nikkah khawan (also known as Molvi) enters all the particulars of bride and groom along with two witnesses on nikahnma. This nikahnama consists of 3 copies, one is given to the married couple. The remaining copies are kept as a record of NADRA and the union council.
For the purpose of informing the sample of nikahnama is given below. Getting a nikah name is mandatory for every marrying person under the Muslim family law ordinance 1961.
NADRA marriage certificate
After getting Urdu Nikah Nama from nikah khawan. It is used to get the NADRA marriage registration certificate which is a computerized document and contains full information about married people. But don’t assume that NADRA issues marriage certificate directly instead it has developed a special system for this purpose.
Sample of NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate
This sample is for the only review. All information has been deleted for privacy reasons.
Marriage Certificate Issuing Authorities
The following are the authorities in Pakistan which issue this certificate, depending upon the address and area where you live.
- Union Council
- TMA Office
- Cantonment Board Office
- Arbitration Council in Islamabad
Who Can Apply For Marriage Registration Certificate
Any sane, adult married person in Pakistan can apply for Marriage Certificate from NADRA Pakistan. But the applicant must have Urdu Nikkah Nama prior to the registration in NADRA.
It is also a common practice that people with old marriages do not apply for a NADRA marriage registration certificate. But rest assured they can also obtain NADRA Marriage Certificate if they still have an official stamped copy of their Nikkah Nama.
What NADRA Marriage Certificate Proves?
The computerized Nikahnama is a cogent, coherent, and concrete evidence that confirms the solemnization of marriage between two persons. It has worldwide acceptance because the Govt. of Pakistan has sanctioned that document.
Requirements To Obtain NADRA marriage Registration certificate:
Fulfill all the requirements before applying to visit NADRA offices. This requirement includes:
- Copy of CNIC from the groom
- Copy of CNIC from the bride
- Copy of CNIC from father & mother of the bride
- Copy of CNIC from father & mother of the groom
- Copy of CNIC from Molvi (Nikkah Khawan)
- Copy of Official Manual Marriage Certificate (Nikkah Nama)
Procedure to Get NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate In Pakistan:
- In order to get the NADRA marriage certificate first, arrange all required documents. Then visit the relevant issuing authorities mentioned in the list above depending upon your current residence address. In all major cities, local union councils are fully competent and authorized to issue NADRA marriage registration certificates. While in cantonment areas it can be issued from cantonment board offices. The TMA in many small cities also issues a marriage certificate. The residents of Islamabad can obtain their NADRA marriage certificates from the Arbitration Council office. Which is established under the Muslim family law ordinance 1961.
- Once you visit the Concerned issuing office. They will give you an application form to fill before they issue the NADRA marriage certificate. This application form can be obtained from the same issuing office. Click here to check the marriage registration certificate application form to know it’s contents.
- Submit documents along-with filled application form and official fee in the considered issuing office.
- When you get the certificate read all contents of your NADRA marriage certificate to check if they are accurate. Re-check your particulars on the marriage certificate and match them with your official documents. You can ask for correction if there is any typo mistake by the issuing office.
How long will it take from application completion to delivery?
After fulfilling whole procedure NADRA marriage registration certificate can be issued in approx. 5-10 working days depending upon the workload and other factors in the relevant issuing office.
NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Fee:
NADRA didn’t specifically explain the fee of the marriage certificate. But concerned issuing departments can better quote their official fee to process NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate because this fee can vary in different cities.
NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Online Tracking / Verification Online:
Unfortunately, currently online verification or tracking of NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Pakistan is not available for the general public. You can inquire only by contacting or visiting the same concerned issuing office.
Where NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate Can Be Used?
NADRA certificates can be used in a different process.
- In foreign countries, it is used to prove the marriage contract
- For immigration purpose
- To get a family Visa
- In Divorce matters
- In Dissolution of marriage
- In all legal matters
Mijhy marriage certificate chahiye plz is ko fee kitni hai
Assalam o Alikum i am Mehk I had to ask you that my mother has been married for many years and Abu has died now. They did not get a marriage certificate. Now they have to get a marriage certificate to apply for a visa.
In this regard, the Union Council has spoken, which is in the village of Abu, they would
Says that the certificate will be made in the same place where the marriage took place, that is, in my mother’s village. Please guide me in this regard.
They are telling you right. This the actual law, where the marriage took place the same area’s union council is authorized to give the marriage certificate. It would be appropriate to send blood relatives of your husband to visit the council and get a certificate. or appoint anyone trough special power of attorney if you don’t want to visit personally.
Hello, I got married 2 years ago. Now i have moved out of city. I want to get marriage certificate but it is impossible for me to get the CNIC of Nikah Khawan, What should I do??
do you need the marriage certificate of NADRA or Nikahnama. The NADRA issues a Marriage certificate you can visit their office and present the CNIC of the bride and Groom along with Nikahnama and NAdra will issue you a marriage certificate. On the other hand, if you need nikahnama then you need to visit the concerned union council in which your marriage took place, or you can appoint any person through power of attorney.
My molvi taking 4,000/= for my marriage certificate and he did few mistakes. Like wrote unmarried in bride and groom section, wrong age ,spelling mistake
And I haven’t change my material status on NiC .. is it okay?
Because my husband isn’t here right now.
Can I do it little later and go for marriage certificate? Is that the reason he wrote unmarried on my marriage certificate? Please let me know soon
I got marriage in uk
How i can register my marriage in pakistan. I register in high commission in london
I dont have Niakh Jawan Id card . How can i get this?
I have my nikah nama. can i get marriage certificate from nadra? i dont have nikah khwan CNIC
You can get marriage certificate.
How can I get my Nadra on the basis of my Urdu Nikah nama done in 1977 which had stamped registry as well as English translation stamped by authentic translator. I’m in USA & they are asking for Nadra one also. How can I get it on the basis of my original Nikah nama. Pls advise ASAP.