From 11 Sep 2017, the Punjab bar council has also initiated an online intimation procedure for getting a lawyer license. The Punjab bar online intimation registration system is used to submit new/first intimation applications. Now Punjab bar council does not accept the current intimation form unless the online intimation procedure is not followed.
You can visit the Punjab Bar Council online intimation registration portal and start filing your application.
After sending Punjab Bar online intimation there comes the next hurdle that is to pass the lawyer’s entry test which is mandatory for all lawyers. You can check the intimation test for lawyers’ sample paper here.
Follow Steps To Fill Online Intimation Form
From now on, all new applicants are required to follow Punjab Bar Council online intimation form in order to get a lawyer license.
The Punjab bar council online registration form is also available on their site, but the procedure to get access to this intimation form is as under.
Step 1: Create an Account
First, you have to create an account on the Punjab Bar Council website http://barcouncil.punjab.gov.pk. You have two options either create an account using your Mobile number or via Email.
Either way, enter your active non convert number or valid email address along with a password. Then click on REGISTER.
Step 2: Log In Using Email or Mobile & Password
Once you create an account, log in to the account. The applicant will see an online form read everything before you start filling. Provide all the necessary information in the online intimation form. Which includes
- a) Personal Information
- b) Info relating to BA/BSC, LLB, and LLM (if available)
- c) Information of Senior Advocate (including his CNIC & Mobile Number)
- d) Information on a submitted license fee to Pb.B.C via prescribed challan form or direct transfer in HBL Account # 0042-79000543-03. The fee is:
- 2,000 rupees for up to 35 years of age.
- 5,000 for up to 40 years of age.
- 10,500 for up to 50 years of age.
- 20,500 for up to 60 years of age.
- 35,500 for above 60 years of age.
Once the form is complete. Click on SUBMIT BUTTON.
Step 3: Get Print Out
Once you click on the submit button. You can print the online intimation application form by clicking on the ‘Print’ button.
Step 4: Attach Required Documents
Along with the printed online form you need to submit the following documents in the PBC office. These documents are:
- The printed online application form.
- Attested photocopies of the passed result cards of Matric, BA, and LLB part I, II, III/last semester, or degree of LL.B.
- Copy of the Senior’s CNIC and the Identity Card issued by the Punjab Bar Council.
- Copy of your CNIC.
- Copy of Fee Receipt deposited on prescribed Challan Form of HBL.
- Three recent photographs in professional dress. (Male candidates with Maroon Tie and Female candidates with Maroon Dopata/Scarf).
Step 5: Confirmation Via SMS
You will be informed via SMS after verification of the Education, Senior, and Fee Information. Your application will be considered by the Punjab Bar Council, once all the information has been verified.
This is how the system of online intimation Punjab bar council works. I hope you have now understood the whole procedure.