Sometime, people do get surprised when they get to know that they cannot get a new SIM because there are already 5 SIMs registered on their ID card.
If you are unaware of the number of SIM cards issued against your CNIC or would like to verify or block one of them. Then you must check how many SIMs are registered on your name.
Only 5 SIMs can be registered against one CNIC
There is a limit to the number of SIMs one can get against their CNIC. As per the regulations set by PTA, an individual can have a maximum of 5 SIM cards issued in their name at a time.
If you already have 5 SIM cards registered with your CNIC and you want to get another one, you must first block the SIM card no longer in use to maintain the consistency of a maximum of 5 SIMs.
How To Check The Number of Active SIMs Against CNIC?
There are two methods you can easily follow to find the total number of SIMs on your name:
- Visit PTA website https://cnic.sims.pk. Enter your CNIC and click Submit. A table with number of registered SIMs of all networks will be shown. (This service is free of charge)
- Type your CNIC without dashes in a text message and send the SMS to 668. (Charges of PKR 2+tax apply)
- Go to the PTA SIM Information website, https://cnic.sims.pk/.
- A webpage with “PDM SIM Information System” will open.
- Enter your CNIC number in the given field.
- Verify that you are not a robot by checking the box and press “Submit“.
- You will be shown a list of the registered SIMs against that particular CNIC in a table form.
- The number of SIMs will be shown network-wise, and the table will also tell you the total number of SIMs you have registered against your CNIC.
2. Through SMS (Charges will apply)
- Open the text message application on your phone.
- Type in your CNIC number without any dashes.
- Send this message to 668.
- You will soon receive a reply via text message showing you the total number of active SIM cards against each operator issued on your CNIC.
- Please note that you will be charged PKR 2+tax for each SMS that you send to 668.
With these methods, you can check how many SIMs are registered on your name. If you find out that the number of SIMs issued against your CNIC is more than the current number of SIM cards you are using, you must contact the Customer Service Center of the respective Company Operator.
How To Block a SIM Card Registered Against Your CNIC?
If you want to block any mobile SIM that you do not use, so that you are no longer responsible for that number against your CNIC Number, follow the process below:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer support office of the concerned cellular company.
- You will be required to show your original CNIC and fill a related form that will immediately block your required number.